VAYA INTERNATIONAL SPEECH ARTS + DRAMA FESTIVAL: Spring 2022
All Spring 2022 Festival sessions will take place online.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: March 15, 2022
Late registrations will be subject to a $7.50 late fee.
Be sure to read the VAYA International Speech Arts + Drama Festival Rules and Guidelines (rev Jan/2022).
The Spring 2022 Festival syllabi are available on the Syllabus & Guidelines page.
Register on the Registration: Spring 2022 page.
|Video Submission Deadline||April 25, 2022|
|Target date for returning Adjudications||May 16, 2022|
|Target date for distributing Awards||May 31, 2022|
- Film a video of your performance(s) – one video file for each selection.
- Make sure you announce your name and title of selection(s) at the beginning of your video. Try to make sure your hands, face, feet, and props are visible. We understand that not everyone has the space to make this possible.
- Upload your recording to your own YouTube channel as an UNLISTED video – so anyone with the link can view it. Sorry we cannot accept Google Drive or Dropbox links. Send a link to your performance to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date. IMPORTANT: We require PDF copies of all works being performed. Proof of purchase is not necessary.
Objectives of the Festival
- to support and foster speech arts, drama and creative writing students through bursaries and scholarships
- to give participants the benefit of expert criticism from unbiased adjudicators
We look forward to seeing you there!
2021 Festival Sponsors
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia.
VAYA Youth Arts Society is a charitable organization. All donations are deductible under the Income Tax Act. For more information please call the Festival Office toll free at 778-868-0426.