Due to the ongoing pandemic, all 2021 festival sessions will take place online. Unused 2020 registrations will be honoured.
- To make up for the loss of a live performance opportunity, written adjudications will be more detailed than would be possible within the time constraints of a live festival. As well, we will be offering larger cash prizes.
- If you are using a 2020 registration, repertoire changes will be accepted.
- Due to processing time and budget constraints, certificates and adjudication reports will be sent by email.
- We know that the playing field is not as level with this format. The quality of audio/video recordings will vary. Our adjudicators know to take this into consideration.
- It may take up to three weeks to receive your adjudications and notices of awards depending on the volume of entries received.
Vancouver Speech Arts & Drama Festival 2021 Festival Rules and Guidelines (rev Jan 27, 2021)
Registration and Video Submission Deadlines (revised Jan 27, 2021)
The Registration deadline is Monday, March 15, 2021 – 11:59pm
Registrations arriving after this date will be subject to a $7.50 late fee. Please register early.
|Video submission deadlines are staggered to help us manage our workflow:||Video submission deadline||Adjudications returned by|
|Provincial Classes – All levels||April 20, 2020||May 1, 2020|
|Junior Division (except Provincial Classes)||April 25, 2020||May 16, 2020|
|Intermediate & Senior Divisions (except Provincial Classes)||April 25, 2020||May 16, 2020|
TO PARTICIPATE IN THE 2021 ONLINE VANCOUVER SPEECH ARTS + DRAMA FESTIVAL:
- On the Syllabus and Registration webpage, look through the syllabus for category options, and then register.
- Film a video of your performance(s) – one video file for each class.
- Make sure you announce your name and title of selection(s) at the beginning of your video. Try to make sure your hands, face, feet, and props are visible. We understand that not everyone has the space to make this possible.
- Upload your recording to your own YouTube channel, Google Drive or Dropbox as a PUBLIC or UNLISTED video – so anyone with the link can view it. Email a link to your performance to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date. IMPORTANT: We require PDF copies of any participants’ original works. Copies of non-original work is not required, but in the event that you are performing something obscure that the adjudicators do not have access to, we will contact you for a digital copy. PROOF OF PURCHASE IS NOT NECESSARY.
Objectives of the Festival
- to support and foster speech arts, drama and creative writing students through bursaries and scholarships
- to give participants the benefit of expert criticism from unbiased adjudicators
- to help participants acquire self-confidence by performing before an audience
We look forward to seeing you there!
2021 Festival Sponsors
We acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of British Columbia.
VAYA Youth Arts Society (fka Kiwanis Fraser Valley Music Festival Society) is a charitable organization. All donations are deductible under the Income Tax Act.For more information please call the Festival Office toll free at 778-868-0426.